17 Apr Wake Opening 2023 | AREA 47
WAKE Opening 2023 – Contest & Testival Days
Wake Opening 2023 : With the WAKE Opening at AREA 47 the sports club „Wakeboard und Freestylesport Tirol“ heralds the wakeboard year 2023 and invites you to a „get together“ this weekend.
The focus is on seeing each other again and starting the new season together. In addition, the Wake AREA of AREA 47 with its brand new obstacles offers a perfect setup for the first contest.
On site there will be a testival with the newest equipment. Boards, bindings, etc. can be tested and compared directly on site.
- Testival with biggest brands in the scene
- Free testing of brand new gear
- Direkt comparison of products
- Exchange with expertsFriday, 05.05. to Sunday, 07.05.2023
Season Kickoff Contest:
- First of 3 stops of the Austrian Cup 2023 with international participation
- Adapted IWWF-format
- Judging by certified judges
- Brand new setup at Wake AREA(AREA 47)
- Saturday, 06.05.2023
WAKE Opening Contest
IWWF (International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation) Contest:
- Participation of internationale riders possible
- categories U10 – 40+
- 200 points for world ranking
- Price money for winners of Open-category Part of the Austrian Cup 2023:
- First of 3 Stopps in the Austrian state championship
- Focus on obstacle-tricks
- 1 additional airtrick
- Judging ratio: 80% Obstacle – 20% Airtrick
Registration on: www.cablewakeboard.net
More About AREA 47
Jump on your wakeboard, catch the next handle bar, and surf across the lake waters. At the Wake AREA, your exclusive wakeboarding park in the Ötztal, Tyrol with top-notch Rixen five-pillar cableway, you can pull off wicked tricks and get big air in front of the scenic backdrop of the Alps.
Enjoy wakeboarding in Tyrol, Austria with a minimal wait time. Our top-notch cable park offers six handles that will pull you and your wakeboard through the pristine waters of our exclusive wakeboarding lake at high speed. A height of 10.5 metres ensures plenty of space for uninterrupted wake action and will let you pull off impressive tricks and jumps. For an extra thrill, our park includes some excellent features such as kickers, sliders, and advanced obstacles by Shape. Buckle up and get your adrenaline flowing. If you feel more like gliding rather than flying across the waters, you can also just go around the more difficult obstacles provided by wakeboarding in Austria.
Find all wake spots around the world on