31 Jan KINGWINCH WINTER CHALLENGE 2018
On February 25, Kingwinch will represent the first competition of 2018 in the Interuniversity Student Village (MSG). The best riders of the country and international will compete in an indoor pool for a cash price of 2000$.
The pool is equipped with two modern wakeboard lines manufactured by Kingwinch Wake System (KWWS), these are the only competitions where two riders start and execute their programs on two cable lines at the same time, so spectators and judges can compare the level of riding in real time.
Kingwinch Winter Challenge – the official wakeboard championship of St. Petersburg. For the second time these competitions are supported by the Committee for Physical Culture and Sport of St. Petersburg and will be accredited by the International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF). The national competition rating is 100 points.
The Kingwinch team invite everyone to become participants and spectators of Kingwinch Winter Challenge 2018. Your support will make the contest grandiose!
* Spectators enter free 0+
Date and Venue
February 25, 2018 – 15:00 – 19:00
Interuniversity Educational and Sports Center (MSG)
Novoizmaylovskiy Prospect, 16/6
m. Park Pobedy, St. Petersburg
Entrance to the center through the checkpoint № 4
Contribution for participation in competitions:
Registration will last until 23:00, on February 23 (Friday).
Contribution for participation in competitions with late registration (after 23:00, February 23):
The deadline for registration is 21:00, 24 February (Saturday).
Contribution will be made on the official launch of the competition on February 24 from 19:00 to 21:00. Non-resident and foreign riders will be able to make a contribution by bank card.
- Boys (up to 15 inclusive)
- Girls (up to 15 inclusive)
- Open Men – no restrictions on age and level of riding.
- Open Ladies – no restrictions on age and level of riding.
- Amateurs – no restrictions on age and level of riding.
* The category will be opened from 4 participants.
- Maxim Hodos
- Alexander Terskov
- Andrei Shchukin
- Ilya Tabashnikov
The main judge: Andrei Shchukin
24 February, Saturday :
- 19:00 – 21:00 Confirmation of registration of participants. Issuance of starting t-shirts.
- 22:00 – 23:00 Open Ladies, Boys, Girls training
- 23:00 – 00:00 Open Men, Amateurs training
February 25, Sunday
- 14:00 – 15:00 Riders meeting
- 14:00 – 15:00 Doors opening
- 15:00 – 16:30 Qualification Open Ladies, Boys, Girls, Open Men, Amateurs
- 16:30 – 17:00 LCQ (Last Chance Qualification)
- 17:00 – 18:00 Semi-final Open Ladies, Boys, Girls, Open Men, Amateurs
- 18:00 – 19:00 Finals
- 20:00 – 00:00 Rewarding and After-party
Regulations and additional information
Competition is held in the Flat discipline. Paired runs on two riders with a free program. Riders start in one direction on two lines at the same time. The result is estimated by the sum of points for the program.
There are 4 main laps of the competition: qualification, LCQ, semifinal, final. The judges distribute the riders in groups (heats). Riders who showed the best results in their groups go to the next round. Riders who failed the qualifying races form an additional group for the second attempt – LCQ (Last Chance Qualification).
For each of the categories there are 3 prize places.
KINGWINCH WINTER CHALLENGE 2018
Check out the last video of Ilya Sitnikov at the Russian’s park on #unleashedwakemag