14 Aug Brian Grubb Wadi Al Hidan canyon ride
Brian Grubb Wadi Al Hidan canyon ride
Wakeskater Brian Grubb has tackled snow streams in Sarajevo and Filipino rice fields during his amazing career on the water, however his latest adventure is the best yet after he travelled to Jordan to take on the mighty Wadi Al Hidan canyon. Here is all you need to know:
– Jordan has five UNESCO World Heritage Sites and Grubb travelled there to water skateboard through the Wadi Al-Hidan canyon in the Valley of Hidan.
– Wadi Al-Hidan is a breathtaking black basaltic canyon with narrow gorges, fresh pools, mesmerising green vegetation and wildlife that feeds into the Dead Sea.
– The American needed help from the local Bedouin people to transport equipment in small boats or by person over the perilous rocks with evenings consisting of traditional Bedouin cuisine and music.
– When Grubb and his crew finally reached their ideal setting, they positioned themselves on top of one of the peaks of the valley where the long wire pulling machine that the 38-year-old athlete would hold on to was installed to launch him across the volcanic rocks.
– When he first hit the water it wasn’t plain sailing as he lost his balance occasionally, nevertheless he righted himself to master the unforgiving terrain of the valley.
– The hardest part was on the final day when the New Hampshire native needed to pass through a tight crack rapidly, which he accomplished brilliantly.
– After completing the extraordinary trip, the former world champion said: “It’s great to be here in Jordan. I never imagined that I could wakeskate right here.”
– Grubb has dominated the scene for years, along with fun projects such as Human Trailers, Urban Assault, Winch Masters, Capital Chaos and Project Blackout.
Past story of Brian Grubb
More About Redbull:
Inspired by functional drinks from the Far East, Dietrich Mateschitz founded Red Bull in the mid 1980’s. He created the formula of Red Bull Energy Drink and developed the unique marketing concept of Red Bull. In 1987, on April 1, Red Bull Energy Drink was sold for the very first time in its home market Austria. This was not only the launch of a completely new product, in fact it was the birth of a totally new product category. Today Red Bull is available in 171 countries and over 68 billion cans of Red Bull have been consumed so far
More information at REDBULL
More About Unleashedwakemag:
Fourteen years after its foundation UNLEASH COMMUNICATION has come of age.
After an international coverage on the 3W scene ( Wakeboard Wakeskate And Wakesurf ) , and major events ( SFR wakeboard Tour , Fise world , Wake and Country , etc…) , UNLEASH COMMUNICATION has established itself as a globally renowned Marketing Company specialized on 3W communication.
We reach more than 3,5 million Humans through our main support UNLEASHED WAKEBOARD MAGAZINE and social-medias network , with a distribution of hard copies on 25 countries and digital ones on 187 countries.
From the beginning in 2003 UNLEASHED WAKEBOARD MAGAZINE has been a part of the “WAKE SCENE” covering the sport on wakeparks, boat camps, competitions, winch sessions, etc… With a unique approach to interviews, press reports, scoops, video and photoshots, allowing us to gain the riders trust and faith . The pro-riders passion for our photo session and video available through UNLEASHED website comes to prove our reputation and following on wakeboard world.
UNLEASH COMMUNICATION is now a trade Brand with 15 people all around the globe to have a real representation on the main countries of 3W …
more informations please visit www.unleashedwakemag.com