26 Aug Adventure IO | Experiences with professional riders
Created by water sports enthusiasts Billy and Jeff McKee, with guidance from Tony Smith, Adventure IO (AIO) is the one-and-only booking app allowing ordinary individuals to experience extraordinary adventures alongside some the world’s top athletes and local experts.
What is Adventure IO ?
Adventure IO offers Next Level experiences with Professional Athletes and Local experts through its proprietary mobile platform. Whether it’s mountain biking with a RedBull Rampage athlete, wakeboarding with a legendary pro rider, going to surf at a private point break with limited accessibility and much, much more, users are able to easily book guided adventures with their favorite athletes, brands, retailers and hotels. The Adventure IO app is currently available for iOS in the App Store. The Android version will be released in August 2019.
Who are the top riders ?
The roster of athletes and guides is rapidly expanding, with Adventures currently being led by some
of the most elite-level competitors in their respective disciplines, including:
● Parks Bonifay, Wakeboarding – Clermont, Florida : Multi-time X Games Gold Medalist and Pro Tour Champion Waterski and Wake Sports Hall of Fame Member
● Elliot Sloan, Skateboarding – Vista, California : Multi-time X Games Big Air Gold Medalist
● Darren Berrecloth – Mountain Bike – Parksville, British Columbia : Redbull Rampage Medalist and Freeride Pioneer
● Shaun Murray, Wakeboarding – Orlando, Florida : Pro Tour, National, and World Champion; American Ninja Warrior Competitor
● Sam Light, Kiteboarding – United Kingdom : 2x KPL Champion and 4x Triple-S winner
● Michal Kollbek, Mountain Biking – Santa Monica, California : 3x Polish National Downhill Champion
● Brian Grubb, Foil Boarding/Wakeskating/Wakesurfing – Orlando, Florida : Multi-time Wakeskate Pro Tour Champion and Red Bull Professional Athlete
A partnership with the WSIA
AIO has joined the Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA) in efforts to support the wake industry and its athletes.With deeply established roots in the wake industry, the AIO team recently decided to create a new strategic partnership with the Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA). In efforts to increase interest in water sports, AIO will provide current athletes with unique opportunities to boost their brand recognition and bring new eyes towards the industry. Elite athletes like, Waterski and Wake Sports Foundation Hall of Fame member, Parks Bonifay are already teamed up with AIO, offering users once-in-a-lifetime adventures, and forming new life-long fans in the process.
What they think
“The crew behind Adventure IO are a virtual dream team of industry professionals who understand how to deliver a first-class experience for wake sports enthusiasts and more,” said Kevin Michael, Executive Director, Water Sports Industry Association. “They reached out to WSIA to see how they could support the industry because they truly care about the sport and understand the influence pro athletes provide. With Adventure IO’s tight network amongst the sport’s most interesting athletes, the experiences are very enticing, even to a life long industry vet like myself. Truth be told, I just downloaded the app and am considering booking an experience for a friend’s birthday this summer!”
“We believe great companies are responsible for pushing their industry forward while providing consumers with the best product possible,” said Billy McKee, AIO Founder and Chairman. “By teaming up with the WSIA and a lineup of elite water sport athletes, we are not only exposing the wake industry to new eyes but also offering our users once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to experience
the outdoors with the world’s best professional guides.”
E Foil with Brian Grubb